Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Emergency Syncro details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi

Would it not be a good idea to have a list of Syncro "fundi" contact details (even only phone numbers)to have available if you tour and have a breakdown?

I am sure we could cover a large area of southern Africa with their locations all over this geographic area.It would be handy to have such a contact list in your cubbyhole and if you have a breakdown/problem anywhere at least you know where the closest fundi is.

Being from the Cape I know,and have the numbers,of Russel and Arno of Andreno motors(Villiersdorp).Syncromad and Dean are very far North (can find their details) but what about fundis down PE,Durban,Springbok and whatever way?I know Syncromad also posted details of a guy in Windhoek with a garage who is knowledgable on Syncros.

I for one would travel with considerable peace of mind travelling through this stunning country of ours knowing the contact details and towns where there are fundis that I could contact in case of mechanical breakdown/problem.

Comments? :?:

Hans
Oh yes,there is also a typical "garageman's casebook" ala Car magazine character (Arnie?)in Morgan's Bay who had a fullblown truck and general garage in Stutterheim and is now retired and running a small workshop behind the cafe in Morgan's Bay.Very knowledgable and helpful.

If we decide to go the contacts route then I can obtain his details.

Hans
Hi Hans

good idea,

here are my details and some others:
Pretoria, syncro Hospital Stuart 083 629 9951, can also call for advise, 012 327 0006
uitenhage, Frans du toit, 082 659 2779
windhoek, Zimmermans Garage, vw, 00264 61 372 516
okahanja, Herman Wucher ,00264 62 501 338
swakopmund, Hans Kriess 00264 64 402 011
Russel 0738266244 in Somerset West
Allie 0438411538 Morgans Bay
PE Selwyn from Carcraft. 0414872365 or 0832263789

Upington, stay away from the VW garage, i have had to go and tow a syncro from them that they have broken more then they fixed, not being horrible here, my customer sued them for R 30k worth of Damage they did to his syncro.

hope this helps
Any numbers for rest of SA?
These are what i have, so far other can add, like Russel in Strand, arno in Villersdorp etc add to the list and i will add to the main post
Hi

Arno of Andreno motors:0288402087.(I know he is allways on the phone helping customers with questions.)He uses Paarlberg Towing with tow-ins Neil Steyn 0824902841 is the contact.I have used them twice,understand the Syncro and cost effective.Does Arno surf this Syncro website??

Russel 0738266244 in Somerset West and a legend in Syncro terms.

(We are starting to cover the subcontinent and having this list available is really great!)

I will source the guy's number in Morgan Bay as he was a brilliant support and very knowledgable.Just South of Kei Mouth and I assume we need someone in middle of Eastern Cape like Umtata/Port s Johns area?

Hans
Guy in Morgan Bay is Allie.0438411538.Very very good contact in the middle of going nowhere slowly. Smile
Well I'm not a guru but if you ever need help anywhere near PE feel free to give me a call and I'll help where I can. We do have a proper guru here too though. Selwyn from Carcraft. 0414872365 or 0832263789.
In line with the topic re breakdown on Hartenbos trip and the mentioning of a certain type of database maybe it is time to rekindle this list?

The most value one gets out of this is the networking angle which local Syncro owners in a geographical area have..
Again, not a fundi or a mechanic, but any for of support is better than none. If anyone runs into trouble in the Montagu area, I am willing to support in whatever way I can: Rhyno (082 221 6228 or 076 018 7191)
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's