Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Crankshaft..Seals..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys does anyone knows if the European T3 used similar seals on the crankshaft as the South African models 2.5l
Or 2.6l 2wd not syncro..
I suspect they are the same , the 4 cyl 8v vw motors use the same size seal as 2.5/6 on the cranc ,cam and intermediate shafts.
Cheers splitfan ma pal sent me numbers from EKTA ..I have a trip to UK n will try n find few bits that I can...
Cheers mate.
If you give me the O.E number from Etka I can confirm if they are the same as 4cyl 8v and those should be available everywhere .
@splitfire..back seal..028103171B
Front seal 068103085
The problem was fearing this South African made buses might be using different parts than other parts like Europe or USA .
I actually need a copy of EKTA n will try n compile a list of compatible parts with the rest of t3 world..
I have checked those numbers and it is indeed as we thought, same seal as cam,cranc front and intermediate shaft on 1.6/8/2.0 4cyl 8v , the other number is for the rear main cranc seal and this is also the same as for the vehicles above . These should be easy to find I always have them is stock .
Reference URL's