Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Low oil pressure and what to do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
what causes the oil pressure to drop intermittently when engine is warm? It is between 1800-2100 & 2700-3000 and if throttle is blipped the pressure increases and the buzzer and light goes out.
Sounds like a blockage in the pick up or a stuck relief valve
The buzzer should only go out ( once it is buzzing) if you turn you ignition of and then on again.
I thing you need to do a mechanical pressure test to confirm weather it is oil pressure or an elec fault.
Russel
I have had similar issues on my playbus, changed the oil to shell helix and the problem went away

the 5 cylinders need a thicker oil but you can add wims charge to thicken up your existing oil and see if it sorts the problem

castrol gtx is not good for 5 cylinder engines
I was also in believe that the oil maybe at fault, but also heard. as above that the pressure relief valve may be at fault.
Wich Helix (hx5-mineral. or hx7-synthetic) and what grade?
Shell helix Hx5k high milage, 25w60 i think
Bennie.my friend in uitenhage ,used to be the engine plant supervisor at vw,also insist that shell helix is the best oil for vw t3 jan
Thankful for the advice. added about 850ml of Wines charge and made a big difference. Still gets buzzer etc but less and pressure is higher when hot. Will do the oil change and should sort it all I believe.
Bennie.my friend in uitenhage ,used to be the engine plant supervisor at vw,also insist that shell helix is the best oil for vw t3 jan
bennie, not to sound funny, but a newly rebuilt motor should not need thicker oil, should run fine on 20 w 50, i would talk to the rebuilder again, maybe they have the senders connected incorrectly, or i would try new senders as well.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's