Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Power Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm busy installing power windows, replacing the manual ones that came with the bus. Cabling is already in (comes with the electric mirrors), mechanisms are in, but I still have to get the relay situation figured out properly.

I spoke to a car electrician, who gave me a generic 30A 4 pin relay - but I've seen forums on the web refer to VW 20A relay #24 as well as the VW #53 relay being used for purposes of controlling the power windows - and I've not been able to establish whether they are all equivalent, or not? I also noticed that the newest series (>1995) don't seem to have relays, but use controllers (?) instead, possibly adapted from the T4... Do any of you have an idea of how to best approach this?

A second, somewhat related question: to get to grips with what is currently happening on my fuse and relay board, ideally without tracing every single wire...would anybody have a relay location chart for a 1992 Microbus?

cheers!
Rolf
Hi Rolf
Power windows are great, till they stop working and in the most inconvenient place and time. Take spares with you on trips. On the second part, Paul at Syncro Hospital should be able to help with the relay board chart.
Xavier
Are the manual components that you are taking out for sale?
(08-06-2014 09:11 AM)Enkie Wrote: [ -> ]Are the manual components that you are taking out for sale?

Depends on whether I can get the power ones to work ;-). Although Xavier's comments are giving me second thoughts!!!

Enkie - I'll PM you once ready

(08-06-2014 09:11 AM)Enkie Wrote: [ -> ]Are the manual components that you are taking out for sale?

Depends on whether I can get the power ones to work ;-). Although Xavier's comments are giving me second thoughts!!!

Enkie - I'll PM you once ready
Hi Rolf

I agree with Xavier. The tend to drop you when least expected. I lost both sides within 1 year. The passenger side was shaken down by the corrigation roads in Kgalagadi. I had to strap it to the doorframe in the closed position for the rest of the trip - very inconvenient. Back home i did manage to fix it. The problem is that all the plastic parts tend to get brittle with age. Just inspect them properly before installation. Otherwise they are very nice, i will keep on repairing rather than replacing

Regards
James
Manual are much better, elect always give hassles
On the way back from saamtrek dean's camper gave
some electric window problems
Is there an option of replacing the old window winder motors with new ones from some other vehicle make or model?

I have managed to replace the plastic fittings with steel ones, but my auto electrician reckons that the motors are on their way out...

The motors have now failed three times in as many months.
Reference URL's