Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: How good are you as a driver?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to check the theory of a friend. He argues that everybody thinks he is an "above average driver"... Wink

Thanks in advance for any responses. Please, try to be truthful.

It's not what your girlfriend/wife/friends say, it's not how many times you've crashed: it's what you think about yourself.

If you want to know my opinion, I believe that 90% of the people think they're above average, while I can attest, after a long vacation road trip, that in fact, approximately 95% of the people is under average..
You'll probably know you are above average if you have the experience ;-)
That means:
Lots of time on a track(professional) or..... Lots of playing around

This is basically the two main ways of getting to know yourself and your vehicle....

I would guess im better on tar than off road, only because Im used to spending more time on tar..... that is about to change because of all our offroading lately....
You can't get 95% below average. Your average will drop to accommodate part of the 95%
Russel
Driving speed is depends on mood when I am with friends than above average but when I am with family than below average speed I can drive forever.
all depends on the vehicle and driving situation.

i have more than the average amount of accidents, some my fault, some out of my control.

i would say i am about average on a super bike on track and road,
below average on an off road bike
about average in a normal car, on road
well above average in my syncro 4x4 on road and off road, in both the rhd and lhd syncro's.
even better in the thingcro off road, just cos it does not matter if it gets damaged
completely crap on a quad bike, they just scare the crap out of me, the old 3 wheelers even more than a quad.
above average in my 2wd beach buggy on and off road.
and well above average with my 9mm

hope this helps, we can do a demo for you if needed, bring the adult diapers along
Looking at how many people drive, I reckon I am way beyond above-average Dodgy

But I will vote average. Like my wife would make me, if she knew about this...

I reckon I'm an above-average bike rider, because I go for training whenever I can. By that I mean technically and safely. I am a very average off-road rider, but again very safe.

I learnt to ride and drive (in that order) when I was 10 and I am a real petrolhead, born with wheels under my butt. I am fairly driving- and riding-fit and I'm very happy when I have turning wheels underneath me.

I learnt to drive on dirtroad and I reckon I can help myself there. I have never gone for any kind of driving courses, although I have had some 4x4 driving tips at launches.
(01-12-2015 12:28 PM)syncromad Wrote: [ -> ]all depends on the vehicle and driving situation.

i have more than the average amount of accidents, some my fault, some out of my control.

well above average in my syncro 4x4 on road and off road, in both the rhd and lhd syncro's.
even better in the thingcro off road, just cos it does not matter if it gets damaged
completely crap on a quad bike, they just scare the crap out of me, the old 3 wheelers even more than a quad.

hope this helps, we can do a demo for you if needed, bring the adult diapers along

Hehe

Very funny Stuart!
At least someone saw the humor in it.
[quote='EcLiPsE' pid='16153' dateline='1421092668']
[quote='syncromad' pid='16149' dateline='1421058518']
all depends on the vehicle and driving situation.

good one stuartBig GrinBig GrinDodgy
Reference URL's