Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Newby from Witbank!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I've just joined your forumBig Grin I bought a 1990, Syncro with a 3.4l ford engine from one of your members(?). I live in Witbank (any other members?) and like a real Witbanker, I work in a coal mine.
It was amazing to see all the available info on this site, I never knew that you could find so many variances in these buses.... big window???

Photos to come later!

Anyway, I love off-road driving and planning on doing a lot more in the Syncro!

Best regards,

Dawid.
Welcome Dawid, enjoy the bus
Rhyno
Hi Dawid

Thats a strong motor. Do you have taller gearing to bring the RPM down at highway speeds?

Welcome to the Forum
(03-30-2015 08:08 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Dawid

Thats a strong motor. Do you have taller gearing to bring the RPM down at highway speeds?

Welcome to the Forum

Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!
welcome, bought from Isak?
Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!
[/quote]

I suppose it too soon to ask you what your fuel consumption is like? I bet you can tow anything with the torque you have at the pedal.
(03-30-2015 09:35 AM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I was told so by the previous owner. Did 120km/h and the rev counter was sitting around 3200 rpm (4 speed gearbox). Only issue is the gears scratch when you quickly shift into 3rd - synchromesh not too lekker!

I suppose it too soon to ask you what your fuel consumption is like? I bet you can tow anything with the torque you have at the pedal.
[/quote]

I bought it from Werner Best, the bus seems to be good and well looked after with a fairly clear history. Some small niggles, but not too bad. Was concerned about overheating but it went well from Pta to Witbank.

I filled the tank up and will check soon what the fuel consumption is. I owe a Nissan Patrol which I use for extensive over landing trips and is sure the consumption will be far better than the Patrol!!! I will keep you posted.

If all goes well I will tow a Jurgens Explorer over the Easter break to see how it goes!
werner's syncro is very nice, good buy i would say, it was better with the 2.0i golf and short ratio gearbox, but a well looked after bus.
Maar kan hy BOOT sleep...... lol.

Thats what My FIL always asks if someone buys a new vehicle lol.
I just realised my spelling is a bit off!!! "Newby...."

Anyone who can help? I am looking for a spare wheel bracket to fit the spare wheel on the back.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's