Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: VW Synthetic Oil (80w GL-4)Transaxle & Front Diff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am looking for this oil ( who sells it in the Cape Town area ) and also the power steering fluid specs and availability please. I have the 2L Golf motor conversion and cant seem to find the reservoir, call me dum if you like Smile.

Thank you.
Ok, I found the gearbox oil now for the power steering oil. Apparently you get two colours, the red one and and another colour, anyone know which colour or spec for this fluid please?
What is the name and spec of the oil you got?
For power steering you can use hydraulic68

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(04-21-2016 12:23 PM)ian Wrote: [ -> ]What is the name and spec of the oil you got?

Hi Ian

Have not bought it as yet, maybe the wrong stuff. They have Castrol syntrans 75w-90 SAE 75w-90 API ?

(04-21-2016 12:53 PM)EcLiPsE Wrote: [ -> ]For power steering you can use hydraulic68

Thank you Eclipse Smile
You are welcome
Dean could possibly help you out with correct gearbox oil.
Dont you any other oil

(04-21-2016 01:45 PM)EcLiPsE Wrote: [ -> ]You are welcome
Dean could possibly help you out with correct gearbox oil.
Dont you any other oil

Not sure what you mean by any other oil?
Buying the correct stuff that Erlemans sell is not that much more expensive that your other options......
Just imagine if your gearbox needs to be replaced @ approx R20000 Excl Vat
Im busy putting some money aside for a recon at them.
Dean sells their oil....

It will maybe cost you R200-R300 more but rather get the right stuff

I am not looking for cheap oil just the right oil in my area ( Cape Town ). If I can't get it here I will order from Elermans or Dean.
(04-21-2016 12:06 PM)Camperholic Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, I found the gearbox oil now for the power steering oil. Apparently you get two colours, the red one and and another colour, anyone know which colour or spec for this fluid please?

Hi Camperholic
I have just refilled my gearbox with Caltex Havoline MTF SAE 75-90 API GL-4 and is about to test soon ! This is available in 500ml cans from Midas at about R45.00 per "black" can ! Just confirm with the other guys that this is the right oil ! Derick
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's