Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Immobiliser issues - and a solution!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I bought my bus knowing that it had central locking, but it was not turned on, so I have been driving around for the last 5 months without it. Yesterday I discovered the small key that fits into the steering column to turn it on. What I didn't realise is that it also activates the alarm and immobiliser. The problem is that neither of the remotes that I have work, so I couldn't turn it off. So I got stuck at work with the (very loud) alarm going off every time I tried to do anything (turn the small key, disconnect the battery, press the remotes, lock the door, etc.).

Stuart helped me out by telling me how to disable the factory-fitted immobiliser, which I thought might be useful to share with others who may find themselves in the same situation. There is a smallish (100mm x 100mm x 20mm) black box located behind the cubby hole. It has 'Conlog' written on it and if you pull out the two black electrical plugs from it the alarm is deactivated and the bus will start. Evidently the exact position of these things varies (they hide them well, for obvious reasons) but mine was located underneath a galvanised metal plate that holds a set of 5 relays. This is what it looks like:

[attachment=5834]

Now hopefully no skabengas will find this post and go around stealing syncros, but it is not a very easy thing to do, so I doubt it.
No worries about skebangas now being able to steal Syncros, they can do any microbus, Syncro or otherwise, in 36 seconds flat! It's only us owners that get caught out and flummoxed by our own immobilizors ??
yip, the thieves knew this from day one, as John says only the owners dont, you can open and start a bus with out keys and not break a window in less than a minute,
I don't think you can do this so easily with the last of the 2.6 buses that had all white wires going to the alarm/immobilser. Anyway Conlog alarms are real crap. The remotes give endless trouble.
I am having issues with mine and would like to disable it. Could you please give me steps to do that. Mine is the one with all white wires, some connected to two relays nearby (8 pins each).

The red light on the dash only blinks slowly and it cant start like this, it only starts when the blinking is fast. The manual override of attaching the remote on the slot on the steering column will also not work. I want to disable the immo all together, please help
would help to know what model and motor your bus is?
(07-31-2017 12:28 PM)syncromad Wrote: [ -> ]would help to know what model and motor your bus is?

It's a 1997 2WD, 5 cylinder, 2.6, motronic injection, with the plastic fuel rail.
(07-31-2017 11:43 AM)emmuchira Wrote: [ -> ]I am having issues with mine and would like to disable it. Could you please give me steps to do that. Mine is the one with all white wires, some connected to two relays nearby (8 pins each).

The good news is those relays are normally closed. One breaks the fuel pump circuit, the other the starter circuit.

If you unplug the conlog box, both relays stay closed and you can skebenga^H^H^H^Hstart your kombi.

Edit: Eight pins each? Those relays are supposed to have four pins each...
Edit2: Ah OK the electric window relays are eight pins each. There are also two four pin relays in there somewhere. Doesn't matter, just pull the plug and report back.
Disconnected the conlog box (two plugs), but bus wont start still.
need to have the ECU decoded, Ecu needs the alarm box to start, they are a set,
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's