Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: The Alfawagen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
So,been waiting for nearly seven years for this project to come alive. Hopefully not another seven before it's on the road and roaring?
Just a glimpse... more to follow
1 Question.... do i keep the orange or go back to a nice 2 tone blue and white....
I like orange and blue and white.
So it's a win or a win.
Orange is cool!
Hehe,cool. Will see. Does anybody still have the original blue/white colour codes?
Orange. Are those white mags 14" or 15' ?
(08-13-2017 09:08 AM)Jack Midlane Wrote: [ -> ]Orange. Are those white mags 14" or 15' ?

They are 14". But they won't stay. I would like a set of 'bullet holes" in their place!

Got my 2.1 bellhousing today and spent half of the day on the feul tank.
something funny... the tank sender unit sits on the sideDodgy Filler neck is fixed to the tank.
Anyhoo,removed it and had a look inside with a flashlight. Shocker!!! The rust in the tank turned out to be a 5mm layer of mud. sloshed it with some fresh feul and extended a bottlebrus wich i loosened the crap with. rinsed it again and turned out to be no rust at all.

When i managed to get the old thing home,i will pull the Toy motor and stuff so that i can tidy up the engine bay. I need to run new cable from battery and start searching for oil presure wire,track the alt signal cable and ign to solenoid cables as mamparras "lap en patched" them over time. It's horrifying to see what wannabe mechanics can do to a vehicleAngry
True story, every day of our lives here
(08-14-2017 10:35 PM)vic5318 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-13-2017 09:08 AM)Jack Midlane Wrote: [ -> ]Orange. Are those white mags 14" or 15' ?

They are 14". But they won't stay. I would like a set of 'bullet holes" in their place!

Got my 2.1 bellhousing today and spent half of the day on the feul tank.
something funny... the tank sender unit sits on the sideDodgy Filler neck is fixed to the tank.
Anyhoo,removed it and had a look inside with a flashlight. Shocker!!! The rust in the tank turned out to be a 5mm layer of mud. sloshed it with some fresh feul and extended a bottlebrus wich i loosened the crap with. rinsed it again and turned out to be no rust at all.

When i managed to get the old thing home,i will pull the Toy motor and stuff so that i can tidy up the engine bay. I need to run new cable from battery and start searching for oil presure wire,track the alt signal cable and ign to solenoid cables as mamparras "lap en patched" them over time. It's horrifying to see what wannabe mechanics can do to a vehicleAngry
Hi, I have 5 14inch bullethole mags if you are interested
Great new project. What engine?
Thanx Kalahari...
Pm sent!
Going to install 2.0 alfa GTV motor?
Burnt orange and black.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's