Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Tyre Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi

I recall reading somewhere on the forum that one should take great care in running the same size and similar wear on the tyres of the syncro.

I have a problem in that I have 4 Goodyear Wrangler A/T 215R15c on my Syncro.The 2 tyres in front still have at least 50% tread left,one at the back close on none and other side 40%.

Any suggestions other than to buy 5 new tyres?(I was thinking of possibly buying 2 new 215R15c tyres of whatever make and putting them on the back).I actually would prefer to go with the Bridgestone 694 Duellers,but the 205/70?/15 and when the front tyres are shot to also replace them with similar Duellers. :?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hans
microbus Wrote:Hi

I recall reading somewhere on the forum that one should take great care in running the same size and similar wear on the tyres of the syncro.

I have a problem in that I have 4 Goodyear Wrangler A/T 215R15c on my Syncro.The 2 tyres in front still have at least 50% tread left,one at the back close on none and other side 40%.

Any suggestions other than to buy 5 new tyres?(I was thinking of possibly buying 2 new 215R15c tyres of whatever make and putting them on the back).I actually would prefer to go with the Bridgestone 694 Duellers,but the 205/70?/15 and when the front tyres are shot to also replace them with similar Duellers. :?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Hans

The difference will be minimal as the tread depth is 10-12mm when new. It can effect vehicles that are equipped with ASC where the ABS sensors read the speed of the wheels independently, and can try adjust where there are differences. However, this only occurs with auto boxes and when tyres are different in size eg 215/65 as opposed to 215/55 profile. I don't think you'll have a problem as long as you're not saying worn as in slick.
Thx

But can I put a different brand and size on the back as explained above?

Hans
hi hans

you must run 4x of the same size tyres on a T3 syncro, otherwise the VC will Kak, best is the same brand as well as tyre manufactures don't make them the same size even if they are named the same size, run at least 215/80R15. the Vc can can some size differnece but very little

stuart
I wouldn't run more than a 20% difference in tread depth. Your set up will screw up the VC. If you want to change brands or sizes, sell what you have and buy a set of 4.One of your 50% worn tyres will be ideal for a spare.
Also 215's are better suited to the Syncro than 205/70's. Even more so with the Andreno.
a other option is to remove the prop shaft until you can fit a new set
Hi
As mentioned,I am currently running Good year Wrangler 215R15c on my Syncro.

There is a special on Conti world contact tyres at Tyger Wheel +Tyres,size 215/80SR15.Looks like a good deal and nice tyre.

Any comments?

Hans
Forget to mention price.R1095.

Hans
The Conti's are good. Right size, right price. Big Grin Buy them!
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's