Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
New Member Notice Discussion - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: New Member Notice Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

New Member Notice Discussion - deanace - 03-27-2012 08:15 PM

This is the topic where members can discuss and give opinions on the new forum regulations that are being set

Quote:The moderation and admin team have decided to now lock the forum and validate all new members to protect the privacy of the current members as well as ensure people dont join for the wrong reasons

New Rules:

New members accounts will be activated by the moderators and an email will be send when the account is activated
Members will also not be able to post in the Classifieds section until 10 posts have been made
Members will not be able to send private messages until 10 posts have been made
* Exceptions can be made where necessary by contacting a moderator

Please email <!-- e --><a href="mailto:admin@syncrosa.co.za">admin@syncrosa.co.za</a><!-- e --> for further info or for any assistance

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - deanace - 03-27-2012 08:26 PM

this will not apply to the already registered members as of yet but will kick in once the system has been tested properly

it is never too late to introduce yourself or put up pictures of your syncro for us to see Smile

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - OSAKSA - 03-27-2012 09:30 PM

Looks OK to me

Henk

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - robh - 03-27-2012 09:38 PM

I agree,
Rob.

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - BosBus - 03-27-2012 09:44 PM

I think your suggestions are good. New members are welcome and the club grows but hardly any new and a lot of the already joined members do not actively participate in the discussions. I just wonder why they joined in the first place :o :o We need to be more selective in the membership with people that have a REAL interest in the VW Syncro or T4motion vehicles and are willing to share their experiences, even other off roaders are welcome as long as they are not a lot of "Draadsitters" that just reads the forum when they are bored and have nothing else to do Wink Wink

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Russel - 03-27-2012 10:12 PM

On most forums 10% post all the time 20% only when they need help another 20% are there to gather info and the rest lurk in the shadows.
It is good to vet new members but also need to look at deleting inactive members. This is not members that dont post but members that only occasionally
look at the site wen bored. An inactive time period would have to be decided if so.
Not trying to suggest an exclusive site, just pointless having 1000 members but only 150 active ones.
Russel

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - PACH - 03-27-2012 10:36 PM

Russel It's normal, Chukcha reader, not writer Smile

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - npk - 03-27-2012 11:03 PM

I agree. It is the way forward.

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Bugger - 03-27-2012 11:44 PM

Ok get the Point will start Posting more HEHEHEHe

Yip it is good for new members to go through the proses this way

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Philip - 03-28-2012 12:59 AM

OK here is my alternate viewpoint.
Being far away from home and my syncro has something to do with it.
My situation: I am the proud owner of a syncro for the past year only. Not a long time, all thumbs but passionate about my syncro. So I read what's said on the forum to increase my knowledge. This means that most of the time I do not have the knowledge to contribute (fruitfully) to most technical threads. Not everybody can contribute but a whole lot of people can learn from this and the dinosoar forum.
If the criteria for a good forum member is participation, this is going to become a very exclusive and cosy little club.
Vet the new members by all means. Get rid of members that do not read or access the forum regularly.(now what is regular????)
Greetings from Venezuela.
p.s I only post when I am really bored Smile