Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum
New Member Notice Discussion - Printable Version

+- Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum (http://syncrosa.co.za/forum)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Forum: Site Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: New Member Notice Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=789)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Russel - 03-28-2012 04:58 AM

I do consider an active member to be one that posts and reads but not one that visits every 6 months.
Just to be more specific on wot i posted.
Russel

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Willie - 03-28-2012 06:53 AM

I have a standard T3 bus with a V6, I'm busy finishing the conversion, would love to have a syncro though.
I love to read the stories, engine conversions & learning from other's experience etc. but can obviously not
participate/talk in the active 4x4 stuff, when my ship comes in a syncro is definately on my shopping list.
This makes me more a reader at this stage, because I cannot comment on what I don't know about but is
definately learning from reading about other experiences. I would really like to take my kids to the next
4x4 event in Brits area, they never saw a real syncro in action. :roll:

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - Dirty Germ - 03-28-2012 07:02 AM

Hi,

I agree with Philip. I also only purchased my Syncro just over a year ago and joined the site over a month ago, so even though I am gathering all the information possible on Syncro's, I cannot really add value if it comes to sharing too much information.

Just something else. Maybe it was just me, but I battled figuring out where to post a new message.

Herman

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - syncromad - 03-28-2012 07:26 AM

I would also suggest that all new members should a least introduce them selves as a staring point and should be limited to reading only certain posts until this is done, it is nice to know a little about our members even if they are not syncro owners, so even if you own a G wagon or cruiser let us know who you are. some time we need to get hold of some one who has a different vehicle for some or other reason and you may have a contact that we need.

lots of people just lurk on forums to gain info, also ask questions if you are a new syncro owner, we will answer where we can. the forum is here for every syncro owner to learn from but the more people participate the better for all. you may ask a simply question that we see as logical but other don't.

Forums do have a problem with free knowledge spreading, some of us make a living out of fixing syncro's and supplying parts to syncro owners, so some times the forum can give free knowledge to people but other times it can generate business so it is all a compromise. so active members should have preference to get the knowledge not the lurkers.

My 2cents worth.

stuart

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - ALIKA - 03-28-2012 07:58 AM

I've not been participating a lot lately,and I apologize greatly for it.
I just withdrawed myself from the internet a lot recently due to some personal issues that keep running after me :cry:

Extremely busy at work,then broken computer,then mechanical problems (clutch burnt out by girlfriend amongst other shit in the same time),and then now splitting up with her and ending up nowhere to live....

Please keep me around :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

and Dean,please respond to your PM's :lol: :lol: :lol: ,so I can keep working on the syncro and hopefully coming soon with time to download hundreds of pictures of my work (total restoration and work on transmission)

Cheers people,I'm never far :-)

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - syncromad - 03-28-2012 08:29 AM

Hi
That is not what is meant, you have and do participate, this lock is meant for the lurkers that just take free info from the forum with out participating. we all have hassles some time that take preference over the syncro.

for some it is personal things that come first, other it is computers that give hassles. but you do participate that is the main thing.

stuart

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - NotAFrog - 03-28-2012 08:44 AM

I have not really posted since joining either. Bought a T4 Syncro two months ago, which since then spent waaaay more time in various workshops than with me. I therefore could not really give any feedback. Spent all the money I set aside for kitting it out for camping on repairs. Hopefully she is fine now.. :cry: ..must be after almost everything mechanical was either fixed or replaced.
Therefore, the only thing I can really say about my Syncro at this stage is that she seems to be VERY high maintenance. Maybe after a couple of months I will feel different and will let you know, but please don't kick me off the forum just yet..

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - syncromad - 03-28-2012 09:04 AM

Now you should have been asking questions so we could help you with finding parts etc, like Ace auto Aka Dean and Alan have a few t4's that they are stripping for parts and i also have one, nearly bear already but may have some thing for you,

but mainly we would like the members just to introduce them selves in the introduction section. and post a pic or 2 of the syncro or 4 motion

stuart

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - hajoschaefer@gmx.de - 03-28-2012 09:12 AM

I admit being a lurker - so far... very easy because i neither drive a syncro nor can I contribute anything... and it will stay like this for a while until i may have acquired some info which may be of interest to the forum... until then i will lurk, eventually post a question... as I bought a syncro which is still in SA.. nevertheless I agree that you may screen new members, may delete who does not visit for a longer time (6 months?) or who do not participate (1 year) by posting... I also accept that this forum is business for some and you have to protect your interest... just don't post for free which should earn you money... opinions of a lurker.... kind regards hajo

Re: New Member Notice Discussion - bus1988 - 03-28-2012 09:17 AM

Russel Wrote:I do consider an active member to be one that posts and reads but not one that visits every 6 months.
Just to be more specific on wot i posted.
Russel

I agree 100% with Russel