Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noobie van Florida
02-07-2014, 12:23 AM
Tongue Noobie van Florida
Just checking in to introduce myself.
Have owned a couple of VWs over my lifetime started of with a passat 3 door! Current daily driver is a 65 Bulli custom camper that I restored over 3 years.
Just bought a Syncro that is currently in Capetown while I am living in Florida, Florida USA!
My wife is of the opinion that I did not think that purchase through but I intend to prove her wrong when I pick it up in March.
Anybody need anything from the States let me know.

Ja ek praat ook afrikaans.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2014, 07:04 AM
RE: Noobie van Florida
(02-07-2014 12:23 AM)BoetGert Wrote:  Just checking in to introduce myself.
Have owned a couple of VWs over my lifetime started of with a passat 3 door! Current daily driver is a 65 Bulli custom camper that I restored over 3 years.
Just bought a Syncro that is currently in Capetown while I am living in Florida, Florida USA!
My wife is of the opinion that I did not think that purchase through but I intend to prove her wrong when I pick it up in March.

Lekker man, lekker! Big Grin

Welcome to SyncroSA.

I'm glad you cleared up the part about Florida. When you started talking about CT I was leaning towards Florida in Jhb.Smile

Hope you enjoy it here and remember that all newbies are now required to post pics of their Syncro's otherwise their membership of SyncroSA might be cancelled.

(Dean, have we implemeted that policy yet?) Big Grin

PS How big is your suitcase? I am after a set of truck mirrors from GoWesty for my white bus. Hint, hint.Wink

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
02-07-2014, 01:51 PM
Pics of my new Syncro bought sight unseen but if you look at the pics you know why.

Not sure if I should insert or attach the pics? Will attach for now.

02-07-2014, 02:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 02:07 PM by Dazz.)
(02-07-2014 01:51 PM)BoetGert Wrote:  Pics of my new Syncro bought sight unseen but if you look at the pics you know why.

Wow that Syncro looks super Neat and Tidy. The interior seems to have some good looking moulds fitted. Im very GREEN

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

Stuart said "They say in "Namibia" the only problem with a syncro is when it does get stuck nothing else can get there to tow it out"

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
02-07-2014, 02:42 PM
very nice. well done

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2014, 04:33 PM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2014 04:37 PM by BoetGert.)
(02-07-2014 02:05 PM)Dazz Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 01:51 PM)BoetGert Wrote:  Pics of my new Syncro bought sight unseen but if you look at the pics you know why.

Wow that Syncro looks super Neat and Tidy. The interior seems to have some good looking moulds fitted. Im very GREEN

Thanks.
Like I said I have not actually seen it in person but based on the many pics I got it looked like an opportunity that I just could not pass up.

Gerrie

(02-07-2014 07:04 AM)BHM Wrote:  
(02-07-2014 12:23 AM)BoetGert Wrote:  Just checking in to introduce myself.

Lekker man, lekker! Big Grin

Welcome to SyncroSA.

I'm glad you cleared up the part about Florida. When you started talking about CT I was leaning towards Florida in Jhb.Smile

Hope you enjoy it here and remember that all newbies are now required to post pics of their Syncro's otherwise their membership of SyncroSA might be cancelled.

Which mirrors are you looking at? I am already bringing a LED light kit from VanCafe and maybe some spare tools but might find room if they are not too heavy.

(Dean, have we implemeted that policy yet?) Big Grin

PS How big is your suitcase? I am after a set of truck mirrors from GoWesty for my white bus. Hint, hint.Wink
02-07-2014, 04:53 PM
Very nice Syncro that. I saw it advertised on Gumtree for a while. I think the price scared most people but it is a good buy. I don't think you can build one like that from scratch for that money.

Don't worry about the mirrors. It looks like Syncromad has organised that someone else bring them for me from USA.

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.
02-07-2014, 05:14 PM
(02-07-2014 04:53 PM)BHM Wrote:  Very nice Syncro that. I saw it advertised on Gumtree for a while. I think the price scared most people but it is a good buy. I don't think you can build one like that from scratch for that money.

Don't worry about the mirrors. It looks like Syncromad has organised that someone else bring them for me from USA.

Yes everybody that was involved in the purchase (family in the VW business) thought I was crazy! The syncro just looked so well taken care of, and compared to what they cost this side (there is currently one on the samba with an asking price of over $70,000 and gowesty sold some north of $90,000!) it was a no brainer. The fact that the exchange rate is what is did not hurt eitherSmile

No sweat on the mirrors if anybody needs something just holler I will be heading to SA around the second week in March.

Later
Gerrie
02-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Welkom Gerrie, hope you get all the advice that you need from the forum.]

BENNIE BEZUIDENHOUT
"Be slow in choosing a friend, even slower when changing" Benjamin Franklin
02-10-2014, 05:07 PM