Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
T3 tent
07-21-2016, 01:45 PM
RE: T3 tent
(07-21-2016 01:09 PM)nickgraham Wrote:  I live around the corner from Christy's Sports, so if they have on I can go and take a pic for you.

NIck

Seems the "Kombi Tent" was customized from an existing model. We need the name of that base model first.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2016, 07:47 AM
Good morning Nick
Thank you for the offer !
I will appreciate some more info on availability ,material ,size,weight,pictures price etc!
Pretty sure if they can do us something in this new lightweight type materials there will be more interest than only Syncro owners!
Regards
Derick
07-22-2016, 12:45 PM
Die ou op ons bike forum maak ook tente en doen customizing http://www.caconcepts.co.za/

Hy het 'n hele paar tente wat aangepas kan word vir one gebruik.
07-22-2016, 03:07 PM
If anybody does order one from Cristy's I'd be happy to make a few redesign suggestions, the front door especially is not ideal. Also it would be nice if the whole front wall could have a zip so that in good weather it can be rolled up.

Another thing to bear in mind is that you buy it for a Syncro with raised suspension the tent's 'kombi door' might need to be positioned higher. My bus has a 30mm lift and Cristy's standard door is OK with that but any more lift might be pushing it.

Colin
12-28-2016, 03:31 PM
Hi Derick,

Since I saw your message, I wanted to answer you but had to wait for membership.

I had a custom tent made for myself ( I’m 7ft, 130kg) at Satent, also known as Falkson tents. They can build canvas tents as you like it. Their website is as follows: satent.co.za

Regards

Chris

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with youWink
01-02-2017, 09:10 AM
(12-28-2016 03:31 PM)ChrisWanzenbergh Wrote:  Hi Derick,

Since I saw your message, I wanted to answer you but had to wait for membership.

I had a custom tent made for myself ( I’m 7ft, 130kg) at Satent, also known as Falkson tents. They can build canvas tents as you like it. Their website is as follows: satent.co.za

Regards

Chris

Thanks Chris ,sorry for late reply ,holiday wins !Big Grin
Do you perhaps have a photo or 2 ?
Regards
Derick
01-03-2017, 11:11 AM
Hi Mate,

The question is, how would you want to integrate you bus with your tent?

If you want your tent to be part of your car, for example Alu-cab build tents that can integrate with your vehicle. http://www.alu-cab.co.za

I bought a normal 3x3x3x3 with extension tent and had the roof lifted so that I can fit under it. I looked at what guys did with their camping trailers and build a box that will fit on the back of the Doka so that when I camp the kitchen will be in the back of the Doka.
I can lift it off and still drive with the Doka. Just made more sense for me that-way.

Anyway, to suit each own.

Regards

Chris Cool

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, Torque is how far you take the wall with youWink
01-07-2017, 05:41 PM
(01-03-2017 11:11 AM)ChrisWanzenbergh Wrote:  Hi Mate,

The question is, how would you want to integrate you bus with your tent?

If you want your tent to be part of your car, for example Alu-cab build tents that can integrate with your vehicle. http://www.alu-cab.co.za

I bought a normal 3x3x3x3 with extension tent and had the roof lifted so that I can fit under it. I looked at what guys did with their camping trailers and build a box that will fit on the back of the Doka so that when I camp the kitchen will be in the back of the Doka.
I can lift it off and still drive with the Doka. Just made more sense for me that-way.

Anyway, to suit each own.

Regards

Chris :co

Hi Chris
The idea of the driveaway freestanding tent is exactly what i have in mind !
Easy to pitch lightweight and reasonably sturdy in the wind !
Can you send me a picture of your setup! Will appreciate!!
Currently using a Campmaster SUV tent which is small and lightweight but not
freestanding !
Regards
Derick
01-08-2017, 08:57 AM
Hi Derick,
I will search for camping pics. But what I experience was that when you camp and have the time to sit down and relax, you get this great ideas of what you really want. I was camping at the kroonvaal camping ground when I saw what I was searching for. I am one of those blokes that likes my camping area exactly the same as the last time. So I marked on the ground sheet where everything must be situated. I rearly camp alone, so my tent set-up is two tents on both sides with a open-area in between where I put my kitchen ( 3x3 sleeping tent x3x3 living area x 3x3 sleeping tent. I always park my vehicle in the back of the living area and a open stoop in the front. Usually, the view side.

Regards

Chris

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk