Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16" upgrade
05-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Re: 16" upgrade
I had the Caravelle 14" ventilated discs fitted in Velddrif and the old discs fitted at the back. It took a few Boere Planne to make it all work and the handbrake to work but it stops like a sports car.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2011, 03:44 PM
please upload some info how you did the rear disc conversion and some pics

2.6i Syncro Doka 1984
2.5i SSA PlayBus Syncro 1989
2.5i Factory 5 Cylinder Syncro 1991
2.0i Cox Camper Syncro 1989
2.0i Big Window Syncro 1992
2.6i 2WD Doka 1986
1.9TDI Golf Syncro 1991

"If you dont think syncro's are cool, then you better check your pulse"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I would also like to see how you did it...

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
08-20-2011, 10:53 PM
hello every one this is my first post on this form, here are some pictures of the rear disk conversion that i and ian (clever engineer) worked on (i got the parts from the scrap yard and he made them fit). this set up has been on my van for a 8 or 9 months now and has proven itself too me, if only for the hand break alone, 3 clicks on the hand break and the rear wheels are locked, the hand break was always a pain in the ass as i felt that it was never up too the job and i was regualy removing the old drums to clean out muddy silt etc not to menshion adjusting it regularly to try and maintain performance of the rear set up. they are now self adjusting and maintenance free.

disks and calipers first generation 1995-2000 vw sharan, ford galaxy, seat (cant rember the name of it) lucas type 34 caliper
hand break cable was made localy in the uk and exceeds ome spec (snap tested to 500kg)
the hubs needed to be turned down on a lathe to fit inside of the disk.
caliper carrier made by ian (he has stock if any one is intrested)

[Image: sharanfinal.jpg]

[Image: sharanfinal2.jpg]

[Image: sharanfinal1.jpg]

[Image: 2010-09-17124655.jpg]

thanks neil
08-21-2011, 02:13 AM
That is a mean adapter plate mate!!

Ian is a nice guy Wink

Talking about the front calipers,I didn't know the 16" upright spindle were a problem.

For my 14" syncro,I'm gonna run T4 VW vented rotors,280mmx24mm,with Jaguar 4 pistons calipers,which have the same bolt pattern (89mm) as the T25-T3.
If you guys have Renault Master old generations,the calipers are the same,but have the hose fitting on the top,which is better to use.

Here is a nice thread with pictures,and the folks are pushing the research and development farther than I did:that's cool. Tongue

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=459573&highlight=combo">http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewto ... ight=combo</a><!-- m -->

I hope you'll love it.
09-12-2011, 06:50 PM
ALIKA Wrote:Ian is a nice guy Wink

Likes to slag off Stuarts front wishbone spacers on the UK syncro forum, before he copied them and started to sell them in the UK too. Real nice......

jed

CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
09-12-2011, 06:57 PM
I don't know any of this,I'm just talking about help I received one day via email.
09-12-2011, 07:12 PM
axeman Wrote:caliper carrier made by ian (he has stock if any one is intrested)

Hi Neil,

How does one go about getting ahold of Ian regarding this caliper adapter. It looks mighty expensive but appears like a piece of art.

BenT
09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
These have been doing them for years so they are a well tried and tested bit of kit, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.futbus.com/">http://www.futbus.com/</a><!-- m --> Dave the owner is really helpful and a nice all round bloke.

jed

CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM
10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Jed Wrote:
ALIKA Wrote:Ian is a nice guy Wink

Likes to slag off Stuarts front wishbone spacers on the UK syncro forum, before he copied them and started to sell them in the UK too. Real nice......

jed
This isn't the place for it Jed...
In my defence, I was provided with a sample pair and asked to improve on them, which I did as at that time there was no stock in the UK. Unfortunately another supplier had imported some but they were stuck in customs, which landed at just about the time mine were finished.
I didn't slag anyone off to my recollection.
But then you don't really love me anymore, we're just no good for each other :cry: