Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Recently joined
02-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Recently joined
Hi all.

After been bitten by the Syncro bug, thanks to my daugters fiance, I eventualy managed to get a Syncro through Stuart. This is a 2.6 conversion. I am having oil leaks repaired, suspension bushes, engine mountings etc checked. Started with some cosmetic upgrades on the interior as well.

Although I have been on this site, a couple of times during the last months I have not registered untill a couple of days ago. I have been a VW fanatic for some years now and have owned about 8 already. Instead of trading my Amarok 2L Bi turbo 2x4 for a new 4 motion I have opted for the Syncro route.

I am extatic about my new bus and just want to get it in good nic ASAP. Hope to meet some of you on Syncro days and outings soon. The buy and repairs are eating into my budget at this stage, and I will not be able to join on any long road trips soon. My priority is to get the bus sorted and reliable. I am a frequent visitor to Namibia since I have a friend in Walvis. We have done a couple of river bed drives (Ugab and Swakop rivers) Looking forward to do this again with my Syncro.

This is a great site and full of usefull information. Please keep up the good work. I have seen a couple of video clips at Stuart's place and since then cannot get enough of what these Syncros are capable of.

Schalk Viljoen (Schalla)

Schalla
Cell 0828850055
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2014, 08:20 PM
RE: Recently joined
Welkom Scalla, hope you have a very joyfull time with the Syncro. I think you choosed good in the 2.6I, it has so much more power that helps the driveability and tractability in gears then the wbx.

BENNIE BEZUIDENHOUT
"Be slow in choosing a friend, even slower when changing" Benjamin Franklin
02-04-2014, 08:22 PM
Welcome and enjoy your new van.
Russel
02-04-2014, 08:27 PM
Welcome Schalk
Congrates on acquiring your syncro
I think all of us can relate to our syncros eating into our budgets.......but hey.....as the saying goes.......every sport has its injuries!!Big Grin
Looking forward to seeing you at one of our get together
That reminds me guys.......when is our next "syncro day" and where??
Regards
Reg

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride.......in comfort in a syncro!!!
02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
(02-04-2014 08:27 PM)Reg Knott Wrote:  Welcome Schalk
Congrates on acquiring your syncro
I think all of us can relate to our syncros eating into our budgets.......but hey.....as the saying goes.......every sport has its injuries!!Big Grin
Looking forward to seeing you at one of our get together
That reminds me guys.......when is our next "syncro day" and where??
Regards
Reg
Thanks Reg. This is like moving to a new town. Making a lot of friends at once.
Regards
Schalk

Schalla
Cell 0828850055
02-06-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi All

I have Recently discovered my love for Syncro busses. I and the Wife want to do a Namib->Bots Trip this year and are saving for a Syncro.

I have been to 90% of Africa and she also wants to see what all the fuss is about. We love roadtrips.

I have always loved Kombies and never knew how capable the Syncro really was...till I saw a couple of clips. BHM shared a couple of clips on the AircooledVWSA forum of the Smartie bus. all I can say is looks like Hectic fun.

First thing that I was like hmm...was how does the engine maintain oil pressure at those angles then I realised its probably with baffled sumps.

Cant wait to browse.

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

Stuart said "They say in "Namibia" the only problem with a syncro is when it does get stuck nothing else can get there to tow it out"

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
02-06-2014, 09:43 AM
Welcome Dazz! Hope you enjoy it here!

[Image: SyncroSignature.jpg]

Life's a journey, not a race. Enjoy it.