Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lesotho trip with Dolf Steyn
03-10-2014, 06:58 AM
Lesotho trip with Dolf Steyn
Hi
We have a (fairly) last minute cancellation due to an unexpected hip replacement, so we have a gap for 1 vehicle to join us.

Plan is as follows:
• Get ourselves to the foot of Sani on Saturday 26/4 where we sleep in Sani backpacker bungalows (~700 from Gauteng)
• early Sunday morning up Sani and sleep (campsite) in Mothotlong (~140km)
• Monday takes us to Katse and depending on availability we do a dam tour. Sleep (tents) at the old construction site (~200km)
• Tuesday (if available early and we did not catch it on Monday) we do the dam tour (if neither practical we skip the dam tour) and head down past Thaba Tsheka over Sehonghong pass and sleep at Bob Phillips campsite which I believe is actually the name of a spot and not a place. Camp with blessing of local chief. (140km) if still early can push to Sehlabathebe but since there is no rush...
• Wednesday is over Matebeng pass and then into Sehlabathebe reserve where we camp (50km)
• Thu & Friday are to walk around or use local pony trek options
• Saturday we leave via Quacha's neck (~100km to QN) (as I believe the shorter road via Ramatselitso is a vehicle breaker) and go via Kokstad (~100km QK to Kokstd) towards Gauteng. Depending on speed & mood we camp possibly at Midmar (Kokstd to MM ~200km)or whatever. (Sehlaba - midmar ~400km) If some want sto go through in one day they are welcome
• Sunday then brings us back (~500km) to reality and work the next day
Why those dates: (Schools closed and we only need to take 3 days leave in the week due to public holidays

Who are we:
• Bosbus with Me, my wife (both early 50's) & 3 "kids" (~24)
• My Sister in law & her hubby (very late 40's) in a Nissan double cab (but they are family so I cant hold the non-syncro status against them ;-o )
• A doublecab (options so not sure which) with a couple (mid 50's) & their daughter (~ 15)
• You & yours
So it is 4x4x4 and body count 10 (+ you people). We are Afrikaans (I do not listen to any music with bokkie, worsie or rugby in it and never from the boot - so don't be too scared) You can speak what you like. We do not smoke or drink excessively (wide definition there !). Aim is to get to out of the way beautiful places, to absorb some mountain air and take some photos. We stick to the roads but that does not say too much - point is its not a day outing to see what the vehicles can do - so relaxed (With this bio it almost reads like the hoekie vir eenames in a magazine :-) )

If it sounds like something you like, drop me a mail or send me a number as my own phone time is rather unpredictable

Groetnis
Dolf
082 908 3449

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply