Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2015 Northern Cape Syncro Trip - 25 April to 3 May 2015
10-30-2014, 08:34 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2015 04:13 PM by syncromad.)
2015 Northern Cape Syncro Trip - 25 April to 3 May 2015
Hi Guys

The next trip we want to do is to the Northern Cape, trip will include lots of gravel roads, salt pans and thick sand.

Dates are: 25 April to 3 May 2015, you need 3 days leave for 9 days holiday, Monday 27th and friday 1st are public holidays.

the itinerary will be:
Sat 25: drive to Kuruman, Gauteng to Kuruman 570km, CT to Kuruman 1090Km,
Sun 26: to Haakskeenpan, camp on the pan, 420km, bush camp
Mon 27: HSKP via tweeriverien 140km, afternoon on the park
Tue 28: tweerivieren- day in the park
Wed 29: Tweeriverien to Middelputs area, 220km , Bush camp (early morning drive in park, leave by 9:30)
Thurs 30: to Molopo Game Reserve, 225km
Fri 01: Molopo GR to Mafikeng GR 415km
sat 02: Mafikeng GR to Mountain Sanctuary Park, Rustenburg GR 310km
Sun 03: drive home to GP 175 km

Total Km, approx 2650km from Gauteng to Gauteng.

all km readings are approx, route can change depending on conditions, the route will be Tar to Kuruman, Gravel to Haakskeenpan, sand to Middleputs along the SA/Bots border, gravel most of the rest of the way also along the SA/bots Border,

Bring passports/vehicle papers along as we may need to enter Bots at one point along the route, if the road is really bad on the SA side.

Min 8 vehicle and Max 12 vehicles for this trip.
Booking need to be done and paid for in advance so bookings for the trip will close on 30 Jan 2015. Payment by 05 Feb 2015. Payments are non refundable.
we will do a 7am departure each day, stop for brunch at around 10-11 am, stop to camp at 4pm, braai each evening,

Cost will be R3550-00 per vehicle for max 2 pax, extra pax R1500-00 pp. Children Under 10 years old R750 each. this includes all camping fees and park fees excluding park fees at Pilanesberg.
The trip is a self catering affair, with a Brunch stop each day and a communal braai each evening.

i suggest that you all have VHF radio's for the trip, just makes it easier for everyone. we can arrange to hire radio's again if needed. we will use the new ORRA channels.

You will need to bring along the following: recovery gear, tow rope, snatch strap etc, fuel for at least 1000km, water for 4 days(20 litres at least), tyre pump, tyre pressure gauge, puncture repair kit, 2x spare wheels, this is camel thorn country, they are like steel nails, food and drinks for all, 3x bags of charcoal, firelighters, parts for your specific vehicle as per your needs.

this area will be warm to hot during the day, and cold at night and in the mornings,
we will have a lead and sweep/tail vehicle with radio contact.

once the group is finalized we will have a braai/meeting to discuss procedures etc

please add you name to the list if you want to join us. Not for synrco's only so bring your mates and there proper 4x4's with low range.

1) Stuart and Lindy
2) Paul
3) Alan & Dean
4) Dirk & Linda
5) Charl
6) Tim and Lesley
7) Paul and Melinda and 2 young girls-
8) Enkie
9) Henning

all paid, thanks

booking made, we are ready to go

Please note the route arrows are in the wrong direction, mapsource was playing up in the other direction

Thanks Stuart
any queries 083 629 9951

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Route north cape.pdf (Size: 356.63 KB / Downloads: 33)

I may be a mechanic, but i can't fix stupid
Bad planning on your part does not make your issue an crisis to me
Bad workmanship by other garages does not entiltle you to better rates at me
Syncro, syncro , syncro and more syncro, this is the syncro way of life
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-30-2014, 09:32 AM
RE: 2015 Northern Cape Syncro Trip - 25 April to 3 May 2015
Looks like it could be quite an adventure. Nice trip I reckon.

1989 2.1 SYNCRO
2011 CB1000R

Stuart said "They say in "Namibia" the only problem with a syncro is when it does get stuck nothing else can get there to tow it out"

SYNCROnized OFF-Roading
Find all posts by this user
10-31-2014, 07:00 AM
Original post edited, Children under 10 years old R750 each

10-31-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm in.
E.

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
10-31-2014, 12:54 PM
Filling up fast guys, don't miss out

11-18-2014, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 02-02-2015 09:02 AM by syncromad.)
Not only am I pleased to see that we made the cut-off, but am also pleased to see that Enkie, Scharl and Henning amongst our new syncro friends are sport for yet another great outing.
I was lucky to get a few days booked into the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park prior to leading up in joining the party on the Sunday. Nossop campsites are already booked out, so thanks Stuart for the advice in booking early.
The motivator for prepping up the Syncro has now been set........

(10-30-2014 08:34 AM)syncromad Wrote:  Hi Guys

The next trip we want to do is to the Northern Cape, trip will include lots of gravel roads, salt pans and thick sand.

Dates are: 25 April to 3 May 2015, you need 3 days leave for 9 days holiday, Monday 27th and friday 1st are public holidays.

the itinerary will be:
Sat 25: drive to Kuruman, Gauteng to Kuruman 570km, CT to Kuruman 1090Km,
Sun 26: to Haakskeenpan, camp on the pan, 420km, bush camp
Mon 27: HSKP via Middelputs area, 220km , Bush camp
Tue 28: to Molopo Game Reserve, 225km
Wed 29: Molopo GR to Mafikeng GR 415km
Thurs 30: Mafikeng GR to Pilanesburg GR 310km
Fri 01: day In Pilanesberg
sat 02: day in Pilanesberg
Sun 03: drive home to GP 175 km

Total Km, approx 2650km from Gauteng to Gauteng.

all km readings are approx, route can change depending on conditions, the route will be Tar to Kuruman, Gravel to Haakskeenpan, sand to Middleputs along the SA/Bots border, gravel most of the rest of the way also along the SA/bots Border,

Bring passports/vehicle papers along as we may need to enter Bots at one point along the route, if the road is really bad on the SA side.

Min 8 vehicle and Max 12 vehicles for this trip.
Booking need to be done and paid for in advance so bookings for the trip will close on 30 Jan 2015. Payment by 05 Feb 2015. Payments are non refundable.
we will do a 7am departure each day, stop for brunch at around 10-11 am, stop to camp at 4pm, braai each evening,

Cost will be R3550-00 per vehicle for max 2 pax, extra pax R1500-00 pp. Children Under 10 years old R750 each. this includes all camping fees and park fees excluding park fees at Pilanesberg.
The trip is a self catering affair, with a Brunch stop each day and a communal braai each evening.

i suggest that you all have VHF radio's for the trip, just makes it easier for everyone. we can arrange to hire radio's again if needed. we will use the new ORRA channels.

You will need to bring along the following: recovery gear, tow rope, snatch strap etc, fuel for at least 1000km, water for 4 days(20 litres at least), tyre pump, tyre pressure gauge, puncture repair kit, 2x spare wheels, this is camel thorn country, they are like steel nails, food and drinks for all, 3x bags of charcoal, firelighters, parts for your specific vehicle as per your needs.

this area will be warm to hot during the day, and cold at night and in the mornings,
we will have a lead and sweep/tail vehicle with radio contact.

once the group is finalized we will have a braai/meeting to discuss procedures etc

please add you name to the list if you want to join us. Not for synrco's only so bring your mates and there proper 4x4's with low range.

1) Stuart and Lindy
2) Paul
3) Alan
4) Dean
5) Scharl
6) Tim Knights
7) Paul and Melinda and 2 young girls---(Provisionally)
8) Enkie
9) Henning
10) Scarls Boet, with a fortuner, Provisional
11)Dirk & Linda
12)
Waiting List:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

If there are more than 12 vehicles we will have a waiting list, you will be added if anyone pulls out or does not pay by the due date,

Please note the route arrows are in the wrong direction, mapsource was playing up in the other direction

Thanks Stuart
any queries 083 629 9951
11-20-2014, 10:44 AM
Really looking forward to see some of the old faces from this year's Zim and Lesotho trips again!
Still patching some small wounds from the last trip, but the bus is basically ready to go!
So what are the challenges this time: Rocky passes, sand, water, mud?
E.

It's not just a 4x4, it's a Syncro........
11-20-2014, 10:57 AM
Basically, gravel roads, lots of sand maybe a little mud and having a good time

12-02-2014, 07:09 AM
12 places provisionally booked, if still interested please add to the waiting list, there are always cancellations

12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
(12-02-2014 07:09 AM)syncromad Wrote:  12 places provisionally booked, if still interested please add to the waiting list, there are always cancellations

Stuart;
Please add my wife Ronel and myself Gerrie on the waiting list. We will be back in SA for a wedding on the 18th of April in Lephalale and will see if we can stretch our vaca a bit since the Yanks do not comprehend anything longer than a couple of days!Huh

Regards
Boet Gert