Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lower Control Arm Bushes/Rubbers(front susp)
02-21-2015, 07:37 PM
Hi everyone
Is there a local supplier that sells decent quality kits or loose parts?
My metal bushes that goes in between bolt/threaded rod and rubber/poly bush is rusted/pitted.
The rubbers looks ok but while im at it im considering replacing them....

ps: i am testing a modification on my front cv's by machining it to fit a after market seal that keeps dust away from the wheel bearing seal inside the hub.
If there is enough interest I might share pictures with you.....

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2015, 12:20 PM
RE: Lower Control Arm Bushes/Rubbers(front susp)
Hi Eclipse, please share the seal photos, always interesting to see mods, I still have the standard seals in mine & they are available still on UK ebay, I would not worry about the rusted/pitted metal tubes, they are only spacers (if it is what I think you are talking about) you could have some turned, you mentioned the machining of the seal housings, so you must have the ability to do this or have it done. However the UK ebay site has all of the suspension bushings etc available in polyurethane.
02-23-2015, 07:19 PM
Ive asked around all over, facebook syncro groups, TheSamba etc.... Burley Motor Sports was the last to stock these seals...the have zero left.
If you can get somewhere else please let us know.
The other problem is that most aftermarket cv's dont have proper shoulder for these oem seals.
I had to machine the cv's at a friend to make new seals(dust seal) fit. These seals are special automotive seals and needs the proper lip seal.
The bushes in the lower control arm rubbers are still ok but the ones on the "rod" that faces to the front are badly pitted...

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!