Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do our members do when they not driving their Syncro's
03-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Re: What do our members do when they not driving their Syncr
Hi

The way some municipalities are (not) operating today I will quietly whisper that I work as a qualified town planner for the great City of Cape Town.I am more into the management side at my age,located in the Helderberg office with retirement around the corner..

Discovered the Kalahari 15 years ago and built the hides in Nossob and Mata,totem pole at Union's end etc etc as a friend of the Honorary Rangers.Cycling is a great passion (till I bought my Syncro!),raced in Europe for 2 years under a false name(boycot years),has done 32 Argus Tours (tomorrow no 33) and also lived in a cave for 2 months on Gough Island to assist a friend who was writing a book on it.

Love driving,and anyone needing support with transporting what- and whoever, that's the way I see myself going!

Hans
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-10-2012, 07:52 AM
I surf on forums and sleep Big Grin

But I also take on all kinds of new challenges. I am busy designing/developing a spare wheel carrier like no other on the market for the T5, and along with that, an auxiliary tank with EC spec safety features. I want to earn €
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-13-2012, 10:56 PM
OK, time to introduce myself to the guys that don't know me yet. I sell myself as a prostitute to the highest bidder. The ones that pay the best get the chance to screw me the hardest. I am a contract civil/structural and architectural design draftsman. Been contracting for the last 22 years after an initial 12 year stint at Eskom. Spent some 10 years in the chemical and refinery industry, about 6 years in township development, commercial high rise buildings, shopping centers and my own building company in the late 80's. The last 6 years i have been involved in the mining and metals industry with upgrades on Sishen, the new Voorspoed diamond mine near Parys, opencast coal mining in Mozambique and the last year involved with the platinum mining and smelters in Zimbabwe.

When not working I look after my animals.
[attachment=4]
[attachment=3]
[attachment=2]
[attachment=1]

Take them to the vet in the Syncro
[attachment=0]

Work on the BosBus, build things out of steel and wood or think of things I still like to build, surf the internet and the SSA forum, dabble a bit in photography, cook, clean, washing and other housewifely duties. Watch Discovery network and sometimes the news.

That is me in a nutshell.

Frans BosBus

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Bullala.JPG (Size: 461.31 KB / Downloads: 36)
.jpg  Syringa.JPG (Size: 249.13 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg  Puttanesca.JPG (Size: 192.71 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg  Fred.JPG (Size: 147.93 KB / Downloads: 32)
.jpg  Naughty Ness.JPG (Size: 143.47 KB / Downloads: 32)

"Allways respect your environment, leave only your tracks and take only your memories"
1989 Syncro Caravelle 2.1 - BosBus
1998 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport - PlatKar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-13-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: What do our members do when they not driving their Syncro's
2 years late but i'll chime in.

I drive a semi truck pulling a tanker in the united states. I deliver molasses to farms that they mix with their feed for dairy cows. Right now I'm sitting at the house doing nothing because I slipped on the ice and broke my leg. Another month or so I'll be trucking again!!!

The road is long and life is short so if your gonna see it all you got to drive fast!
Find all posts by this user