Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Introduce Yourself.
05-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Re: Introduce Yourself.
Hi Guys.

Name is Rick from Limpopo. Mokopane to be specific. Wandered over here from ACVWSA. (not unlike many others I see Smile
Currently I don't own a syncro, but if the Kombi gods keep smiling on me, someday I will. Did own a T3 double cab that I fitted with a Citroen Ds Pallas engine and gearbox.( Childhood dream I had to see if it could be done.) Really dissapointed in the performance as it lacked low end torque,but if you got it to cruise at 140km/h will go uphill and downhill without changing gears. Sold it to a friend who wanted it. Needless to say ,we are not too close anymore! Sad Currently i am restoring a 76 bay window Kombi. turning it into a semi- panelvan and a camper. I will be fitting a Golf 1800 carb motor,so would call on the experts on this forum when i run into overheating problems. (Stuart to the rescue please). :mrgreen:

Keep well,
RICK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Hi,

I am signing in on behalf of my recently turned 66 year old retired dad which is not computer literate nor have access to internet. He is a retired Uranium enrichment maintenance manager and combi bus and Syncro fanatic. He converted his 2.1 syncro with a Toyota diesel himself, but it was distributed to our disadvantaged community recently..... He were able to get hold off a Syncro with Subaru conversion. He had it at the Dyno tune guys yesterday and is like a kid before christmas to see fuel consumption results... They use the bus for touring and towing their Penta Caravan. My dad and mother stay in Brits area, close to the Hartbeespoortdam

I would like to assist him with Syncro related queries through this site as i use internet forums (Toyota and Overlanding) often and see huge benefit to share and receive.

Hope to be off service through the old toppie which is very enthusiastic about his hobby - Syncro Bus.
06-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Henri Hendriks Wrote:Hi,

I am signing in on behalf of my recently turned 66 year old retired dad which is not computer literate nor have access to internet. He is a retired Uranium enrichment maintenance manager and combi bus and Syncro fanatic. He converted his 2.1 syncro with a Toyota diesel himself, but it was distributed to our disadvantaged community recently..... He were able to get hold off a Syncro with Subaru conversion. He had it at the Dyno tune guys yesterday and is like a kid before christmas to see fuel consumption results... They use the bus for touring and towing their Penta Caravan. My dad and mother stay in Brits area, close to the Hartbeespoortdam

I would like to assist him with Syncro related queries through this site as i use internet forums (Toyota and Overlanding) often and see huge benefit to share and receive.

Hope to be off service through the old toppie which is very enthusiastic about his hobby - Syncro Bus.

HI Tell him WElcome
I used to work at Pelindaba also in the first 4 years of the 90`s where did he work
I was with the Laser project enriching Uranium 235 with co2 gas

Pierre