New members should be moderated
New members should not be moderated
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Member Notice Discussion
03-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Re: New Member Notice Discussion
ian Wrote:I think the discussion has been good and the motivation for these ideas also seems to be positive, but if you read through all the replies you will realise that there are many different types of people that use forums in different ways. It's neither good nor bad, just different to the way you do. The usage and participation stats for this forum are the same for 99% of other forums. For some people it's part of their social life, others have questions, and others just want to read. There is nothing wrong with that and there is basically nothing you can do to change that. It's like walking into a bar and expecting everyone to want to talk with you. It's not going to happen however much you may want it, and it is the type of thing that drives people away. I don't know if this is a good example, but what if you were to pop in and visit a local church occasionaly and after a few visits they started putting pressure on you to become "more actively involved!" It's just not going to work. In time you may or may not decide to do that but it will only happen if it is your decision. People should just be comfortable to be here and participate or not in whatever way they want.

I hope this doesn't come across as just being negative. We are all thankful and grateful to you guys that put in the work to keep this forum operating and it is good to always be looking for ways to improve things.

Ian

totally agree with that.

neil
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-05-2012, 11:33 PM
i dont get to visit here much, as club 80-90 and brickyard take enough of my time. i wouldn`t like to be outed just because i`m not that active on here. i feel a member of the syncro community world wide and i`m proud to be.

would make sence to just send email out to members who havent visited in say 1 month. if they havent visited in 2 months then re registration would be required, i dont see that to be unfair.

i know if this was the case i`d definitly log on and check you were not all up to no good. you have been warned. Big Grin

lee.
04-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Dont worry Lee we arent about to delete members.
Especially those from Gods country who eat seaweed.
If at least this discussion has brought some people out of lurking and into participation.
Russel
04-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Nice to see some members staring to participate, although maybe out of fear of being deleted from the forum. Smile Smile This is not the intention guys. The more active you become, the more information can be shared and gained from asking what you may think to be stupid questions. :oops: :oops: There is no such thing as a stupid question as some guy has the same question but is also to afraid to ask. Wink Wink When I bought my BosBus, I knew basically nothing about the basic operation and capabilities of the Syncro. Although having owned, restored and off roaded a Series 3 R6 Land Rover for 10 years, it is not the same. I gained a hell of a lot of knowledge from guys like Stuart and Dean since joining this forum and only because I asked questions Big Grin Big Grin So, please do not be a sleeper member, participate, share your experience. There is sections all over the forum where you can relate things, ie. camping experiences, camp cooking, photography, anything you want to share. Although the site is mostly Syncro related, other members can gain from any off-road and outdoors knowledge you are willing to share.

Keep the posts rolling......

Frans BosBus

"Allways respect your environment, leave only your tracks and take only your memories"
1989 Syncro Caravelle 2.1 - BosBus
1998 Mercedes Benz C230 Kompressor Sport - PlatKar
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-17-2012, 08:00 PM
Being another UK member who owns a 5cyl SA bus ( not Syncro ) I find this forum the best place on the net for info, keep it up guys ! Unfortunately other UK forums are too full of irrelevant stuff and don't have many serious members with such technical info as is found here. In the UK I've even noticed some forms of info censorship with certain people. I've gained so much knowledge from German bus meetings over the years, all is shared for free with the German enthusiasts. Even the bus meetings in Germany are different ! I've stopped going to the big UK meetings for many reasons !!! With forums some people join for different reasons, to promote business or websites etc. I think it's quite easy for the moderators to spot this & to address this issue in their own way. Some forums even charge membership fees & to be honest this wouldn't bother me with this forum. As I said this IS the place for 5 cyl buses built in SA whatever part of ther world they end up being driven in !!! Wink
04-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Hello again. I don't have a syncro. Wink. But I have a Kombi with about 10 cv joints. Can I stay? Just 4 a little while?

4S TT
04-17-2012, 11:47 PM
parafanaylya Wrote:Hello again. I don't have a syncro. Wink. But I have a Kombi with about 10 cv joints. Can I stay? Just 4 a little while?

4S TT

lmao

Izan

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
04-18-2012, 09:01 PM
EcLiPsE Wrote:lmao

Izan

Huh? Still learning forum acronyms

4S TT
04-19-2012, 06:34 AM
Lmao = Laugh My @ss Off ;-)

Izan

You have the Bus, use it, enjoy nature!
05-02-2012, 04:16 PM
I have no problem - don't have a Syncro but a MIcrobus. I enjoy this website very much and have been helped and bought on occasions.