Syncro SA - VW Syncro Forum

Full Version: Percentage brake distribution
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I don't know if this question has been asked before. I want to know what the brake distribution % front vs rear (as specified by VW) is on a standard syncro?

I am playing around with the idea of converting my rear drum brakes to disc brakes, but want to do some calculations in order to eliminate brake lock-up in the rear.

Herman
i have a stock set up with discs on the back, they do not lock up
I have T4 rear disks... They are bigger than the upgraded front disks.
Very happy
Excuse my ignorance, but what does "stock setup" mean?
Herman

(12-17-2015 11:59 PM)EcLiPsE Wrote: [ -> ]I have T4 rear disks... They are bigger than the upgraded front disks.
Very happy

What calipers are you using with the T4 rear discs? Maybe I must also say that I have calipers which I want to use, so the calculation will be to see if they are suited.
Herman
Herman, stock = standard, ie, i have the standard brake balancer, with 2.6 front brakes and a hybrid, disc set up on the rear, have sharan rear disc and audi turbo rear calipers on mine, all VW parts other than the brakets to hold the rear calipers
My setup is:
300mm Mercedes disks with audi A4 1,8T calipers front, Sharan disks with golf 4 kombi calipers back, very happy with the result!
(12-18-2015 07:51 AM)Dirty Germ Wrote: [ -> ]Excuse my ignorance, but what does "stock setup" mean?
Herman

(12-17-2015 11:59 PM)EcLiPsE Wrote: [ -> ]I have T4 rear disks... They are bigger than the upgraded front disks.
Very happy

What calipers are you using with the T4 rear discs? Maybe I must also say that I have calipers which I want to use, so the calculation will be to see if they are suited.
Herman

I used T4 disks and calipers
Reference URL's